Schooled: The Price of College Sport
On January 21, 2014, CSRI cohosted a special screening of Schooled: The Price of College Sport on the campus of the University of South Carolina. Over 175 students, faculty, staff and members of the general public attended the event in the USC Russell House Theatre. Following the screening a panel discussion involving Andrew Muscato, the films’ executive producer; Mr. Devon Ramsey, former University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill football player; Dr. Richard M. Southall, CSRI Director; Dr. Mark Nagel, CSRI Associate Director; and Dr. Robert Turner, Research Associate – African American Studies Department, University of Maryland took place. The panelists commented about the movie and the general state of college athletics. Audience members were encouraged to ask a variety of questions.
- Mr. Andrew Muscato: Producer – Schooled: The Price of College Sport
- Mr. Devon Ramsey: Former Football Player – The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Dr. Richard M. Southall: Associate Professor – Sport and Entertainment Management, University of South Carolina; Director – CSRI
- Dr. Robert Turner: Research Associate – African American Studies Department, University of Maryland; Former NFL player
- Ms. Mary Willingham: Reading and Learning Specialist – Center for Student Success and Academic Counseling, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Part VI - Student Q&A